Friday 28 October 2011

Here's a great new tool for artists!

Have you ever been to an art exhibition and wondered how the artists come up with their 'artist's statement' (ie. the explanation of where their artistic influences come from)? Maybe like me you've wondered what on earth they mean? Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about...


"Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated by the essential unreality of the universe. What starts out as yearning soon becomes corrupted into a manifesto of defeat, leaving only a sense of failing and the chance of a new synthesis."


And then you look at their actual artwork and think - oh yes, I see exactly where they're coming from? Or maybe not...


Well, apparently these artists actually spend hours and days trying to verbalise their art - hardly surprising as they are creative arty types, not wordsmiths. Well now some clever chaps have come up with a website to help these struggling artists, by doing it all for them! Have a look here to see what I mean...


But if you'd rather have a real life human being put your complicated ideas and concepts into simple words that everyone will understand, you know where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment